Do you want to combine MSG files to PST file extension? If your answer is yes then you have just landed on a correct webpage. Hence, don’t waste your time and continue read this article to merge MSG files into PST using dual free and pro methods.
Users want to combine multiple MSG files into PST file because an MSG file can store only item (Email, Contact, Calendar). While a PST file is capable to keep several items (emails, contacts, calendars).
Therefore, if users want to save 50 emails into MSG file, then 50 MSG files will be created. But a single PST file can store all the emails. So, PST file is much better to store bulk items. Even all MS Outlook users can easily import PST files to any edition of Outlook.
Free Manual Way to Merge MSG Files into PST
Phase 1 – Import MSG to Outlook
- Launch Microsoft Outlook email client on your machine.
- Create a new folder under Microsoft Outlook.
- Navigate to the folder where MSG files saved.
- Select all MSG files from your computer.
- Thereafter, drag and drop selected MSG files into newly created folder.
Phase 2 – Export PST File from Outlook
- After completing the phase 1, restart MS Outlook.
- Choose File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Thereafter, select Export to a file option and hit on the Next button.
- Choose Outlook Data File (.pst) option, press Next to continue.
- Select newly created folder and hit on the Next option.
- Pick a choice destination path to store output PST.
- Hit on the Finish and get resultant PST file from destination path.
Limitations of Manual Method
- Time taking and lengthy process that required two phases (Import MSG & Export PST) to combine MSG files to PST format.
- Microsoft Outlook installation is compulsory to convert multiple MSG files to PST format while sometimes users don’t have Outlook.
- Manual method requires some technical knowledge about import and export processes.
- MS Outlook does not allow to import old ANSI files to latest Outlook editions.
- Using this technique, you may lose some MSG file components and visuals during MSG to PST conversion process.
Pro Technique to Combine MSG Files to PST
MSG to PST Converter Tool is a powerful and reliable solution to merge MSG files into PST file extension. The tool creates Unicode PST file which is compatible with latest MS Outlook 2021-2003 editions. Just follow below mentioned steps to combine multiple MSG files to PST format.
- Start MSG to PST Converter on your computer and upload MSG files in software GUI. Choose Select Files or Select Folders option for uploading files.
- Now, users can see all MSG files in the software window. Choose required MSG files and click on the Next button.
- Select PST as saving option.
- After that, use advance filter options to merge MSG files into PST between dates, by sender email address, by receiver email address, etc.
- This application automatically chooses Desktop as destination path. You can also click on the Browse button to change destination folder according to the choice.
- The tool also provides an option to create separate PST per user. Check this field, if required.
- Press Convert button to start MSG to PST conversion process.
- The process to combine MSG files to PST has been finished successfully.
- Thereafter, software will automatically open the destination path. Get resultant PST file(s).
- Run MS Outlook and choose Open Outlook Data File option to insert resultant PST file in Outlook.
Now Test It Free!
Free download mentioned MSG to PST Converter which is capable to merge 25 MSG files into PST including complete items. Hence, this is most helpful to evaluate the software before upgrading to pro edition. Even freeware version works same as pro edition. After getting complete satisfaction, grab its license keys to combine MSG files to PST without limitations.