Email clients are a basic necessity for all types of enterprises. Some enterprises use open-source email clients, some use paid email applications like Lotus Notes and Outlook, one of the most popular email clients worldwide.
Now, due to the wide range of availability of email clients, many users start sifting towards the straightforward and easy-to-use email application and Outlook is known for its easy-to-use interface.
Hence, there are N numbers of Lotus Notes users who are in a seek of how to convert Lotus Notes NSF file to Outlook PST. But due to the complexity of the Lotus Notes data file many of them were not able to find the right solution for the same.
So to make this task easy here in this technical write-up we will discuss the technique to convert Lotus Notes NSF file to Outlook PST. But before going towards the solution part let’s discuss what is why is difficult to open NSF to Outlook and also why users want this conversion.
Lotus Notes vs Outlook
Basically, in this section, we’ll go through a short comparison between Lotus Notes and Outlook, which will help you realize why this conversion is necessary.
Lotus Notes is one of the most widely used email systems, with many professionals using it. It is mostly utilized by large corporations and organizations due to its extensive security and email management capabilities. In addition, you must pay a particular amount of money in order to utilize this tool.
Outlook, on the other hand, is the most widely used email program in both large and small businesses. Now, if we compare Outlook to Lotus Notes, we can see that Outlook is considerably easier to use than Lotus Notes since its user interface is simpler. Furthermore, compared to Lotus Notes, this email client is far less expensive.
Now that we’ve done a quick comparison, we can see that Outlook is far more popular than Outlook. Furthermore, because Outlook has more functionality than Lotus Notes, many users are migrating to it.
Let’s go right to the answer now that we’ve covered everything there is to know about Outlook and Lotus Notes.
Using the Manual Method to Convert Lotus Notes NSF File to Outlook PST
Yes, you read it correctly. In this part, we will describe a freeway for converting Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook PST files. To accomplish this procedure, you must go through two steps: first, export the Lotus Notes data file to CSV, and then import emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook in the second phase. So, let’s begin from the beginning.
The first step is to convert Lotus Notes NSF file to Outlook PST.
1. Open Lotus Notes on your computer.
2. Then, under the Mail tab, select File from the File menu.
3. From the drop-down menu, choose the Export option.
3. Select a location from the Export wizard box that displays.
4. Select Comma Separated Value / Structured Text from the Save as type drop-down menu.
5. Click the Export button after entering the file’s name.
7. Finally, click OK to close the Structured Text Editor box.
Step 2: Export Lotus Notes NSF File to Outlook PST
1. Once you’ve converted your Lotus Notes emails to CSV, complete the Lotus Notes email to Outlook process by following the instructions below.
2. Open Outlook on your computer and select File from the File menu.
3. Then select the Open & Export option. Then choose Import / Export from the drop-down menu.
4. When the Import and Export screen displays, choose Import from another program or file and then click Next.
5. Then, from the list of options, select Comma Separated Values (CSV) and then Next.
6. Now you may look over the CSV file you created using the Lotus Notes mail client.
8. After you’ve added the files, select the Replace duplicates with imported items radio option and then click Next.
9. Press the Next button after selecting the Outlook folder into which you wish to import data.
10. The synchronization process might take a while depending on the size of your mailbox, so be patient. Once it’s finished, you’ll be able to access all of your Lotus Notes emails in Outlook.
Professional Approach to Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook
As we can see, the aforementioned procedure takes a long time and requires users to go through a number of processes, which might be annoying for certain people. Because if you make any mistakes, there is a danger that the data integrity may be compromised.
So, in order to make the users’ work and the conversion process as simple as possible, we will describe the best technique to complete this task in this blog. Try the NSF to PST Converter Tool; it’s the most efficient and reliable solution to migrate Lotus Notes emails to Outlook. In only a few clicks, the work may be completed.
Switching from one email client to another is quite frequent these days, but transferring data from one email client to another may be a difficult operation. And when the file formats of both email applications differ, it can be quite perplexing for many users, such as Lotus Notes to Outlook email transfer. In this article, we’ve examined both free and automatic options for doing this work. As a result, select the approach that best suits your needs.
To Read Such More Articles: Click Here
Leave a Reply